Another subject: Dave and I thought that In December, we could have the "Portraits with Props" assignment, since we have no fieldtrips to speak of. A lot can be done to take pics for this assignment. I don't think it will be a problem.
On another note: Also a discussion between Dave and I: We need to catch up with the Print Competition. So one night we should have an evening at the library where people can bring their prints and be judged so we can have prints for the Picture of the Year Competition in January. I don't think it will be a problem with the number of people, because there are only a few people that do prints. We can work it out.
WE NEED 3 JUDGES
So! below is the September competition information.
1. We would do competition assignment "Windows, Doors and Unusual Entrances". Pics can be sent for the color assignment or the black and white assignment.
2. We would also do an Open competition, also color and black and white.
3. We would need 3 people to volunteer to be judges, as usual.
4 Pics would be sent to Jim Crapko just like you always do, so nothing new there. Pics would be due to Jim Crapko by September 6. Sunday's are usually when Jim does the list for our regular meetings.
5. Jim would compile the pictures into categories of color and black and white and assignment and open like he usually does.
6. I will send Jim list of the three judges
7. Jim sends the pictures and the list of photos to the 3 judges and also to Dave Kaz via email.
8. Judges can just write their 3 scores right next to the picture name on the sheet.
9. Judges email their score sheet back to Dave Kaz (for a presentation) and to Jim Crapko to keep records of winners so it will count for Picture of the Year) as soon as possible (a few days hopefully)
10. Dave will make his comments on all pics like he usually does and post the scores and comments ona U Tube video which he will post on our club website.
I wanted to spell it all out so their won't be questions and everybody understands. Please contact me if you have interest in doing this. It's a lot of work so if we don't get good feedback we won't follow thru.